Taskforce for Action on Violence within Families
The Taskforce for Action on Violence within Families (the Taskforce) was active from June 2005 to July 2015. It led and co-ordinated interagency action to address family violence, including abuse and neglect of children and older persons.
The Taskforce was a significant commitment by the government and non-government sectors, independent Crown entities and the judiciary to work together and provide leadership to end family violence and promote stable, healthy families.
The Taskforce’s role was to:
- identify and prioritise actions to strengthen government and non-government initiatives to prevent family violence, including the abuse and neglect of children and older persons
- identify policy, legislative and service gaps and opportunities for alignment
- ensure that key actions are integrated across the government and non-government sectors
- commission information, analysis and advice as required
- provide advice on emerging issues.
This site provides information about the Taskforce and its work.
The vision of the Taskforce - that all families and whānau have healthy, respectful stable relationships, free from violence.