What we can do for

Young Adults / ngā Rangatahi

We’re here to help young adults in New Zealand to become successful contributing members of the community.

Young Adults / ngā Rangatahi

How can we help?

Youth Service website

Youth Service supports young people aged 16 to 17 years and parents aged between 16 and 19 most at risk of long-term benefit receipt into education, training or work-based learning. It helps young people gain the skills they need to get employment and create a future for them and their family.

Work and Income website

Work and Income offer a number of services for young people aged 16 to 19 to help improve skills through education, training, work or other related activities.

Limited Service Volunteer - Work and Income is a 6-week motivational course run by the New Zealand Defence Force. It aims to increase the number of young people entering employment or training by improving their self-discipline, self confidence, motivation and initiative.

Family Violence - It's Not Ok!

Family Violence - It's Not Ok! provides information about family violence, what it is and where to get help.

Financial assistance

Work and Income may be able to provide financial help, even if you’re working, whether you’re looking after your own or someone else’s child.

Working for Families is an income assistance package making it easier to work and raise a family, with payments to thousands of New Zealand families through tax credits, and help with housing and childcare costs.

How to find services

You can search for contact details of over 6,000 family and community services using their Family Services Directory.

Community Links are where people can get help for a range of needs by a variety of social services and agencies in one place. These services could range from simple financial assistance through to advocacy, support, education and counselling services.

Heartland Service Centres provide access to government services and information in rural communities. They provide an opportunity to meet face to face with government agency representatives.