Business people.

Contact us

The Ministry of Social Development (MSD) has a lot of different services.

How you contact us depends on what you need help with. Each link below has information about various ways to contact us.

Benefits, work and housing

Work and Income can help with questions about benefits and payments, Community Services Card, work and housing.

NZ Superannuation and pensions

Work and Income can also help with questions about NZ Super, Veteran's pension and overseas pensions.


For questions about SuperGold, including offers and applying, contact the SuperGold team.


StudyLink can help with questions about student finance, eg Student Loans or Student Allowances, and other help when you're studying.


Youth Services

Youth Services can help with payments and services for young people aged 16-19.

Ministry of Youth Development

The Ministry of Youth Development encourages and supports 12-24 year olds to develop skills and experience to participate confidently in their communities.

Health and disability

Health and disability payments

Work and Income can help with health and disability payments, including residential subsidies, Disability Allowance and health costs.

Deaf, hearing-impaired or speech-impaired

Work and Income's specialist team can quickly respond if you're deaf or have a hearing or speech impairment.

Family violence

The Family Violence Information Line can put you in touch with support services in your region, and has information on family violence and staying safe.

Historic abuse claims

You can make a claim of historic abuse or neglect if you believe you've been badly treated or neglected while in State care before 1 April 2017.

This applies to the Child Welfare Division, Department of Social Welfare, or Child, Youth and Family.


Most people are honest and use our services fairly. If you think someone may be using our services in a way they shouldn't, please let us know.

Media outlet enquiries

If you're a media outlet and have a query, please contact our media team.

Official Information Act (OIA) requests

We have information on our website about Official Information Act requests, including how to make a request.


You can use our online form to request access to information (both historical and current) for research purposes.

Select the 'Other enquiries' category.

Feedback, compliments, and other enquiries

If you have a feedback, compliment or another enquiry, you can submit this to us online.

If you’re not happy with our service, or we're not meeting our commitment to you, you can submit your complaint online on the Work and Income website.

National Office contact information

Street address

The Aurora Centre
56 The Terrace
Wellington 6011

Mail address

Ministry of Social Development
PO Box 1556
Wellington 6140
New Zealand

Phone: 64 4 916 3300