National Office - Ministry of Social Development
Bowen State Building
Ministry of Social Development
P O Box 1556
Phone: 64 4 916 3300
Fax: 64 4 918 0099
If you’d like help for yourself, your family or someone you know, or would like to talk about the service you have received from us, please contact the relevant service line or submit your enquiry online:
- Work and Income – Employment services and financial assistance
- Child, Youth and Family – Concerns about a child, enquiries about care giving or adoptions
- Services for Seniors – NZ Superannuation and entitlements for 65 plus
- StudyLink – Student loans and allowances and information for tertiary students
- Family and Community Services – Social services in your community
- Submit your enquiry online
To report a suspected fraud
Most people are honest and use Government services fairly. If you have information about someone who is misusing any of our services, please contact us.
Call us on 0800 556 006 or Contact us by email
The Work and Income and Studylink websites have more information about reporting a suspected fraud, including information on some things we may want to know which will help us to investigate your report.
For research access to Ministry of Social Development information
MSD receives many requests for access to clients, staff or information (both historical and current) for research purposes.