Our Ministry is all about helping to build successful individuals, and in turn building strong, healthy families and communities.
It’s a big job - we’re tackling some of the big issues in society, like family violence and youth offending.
We’re working towards this through providing:
- care and protection of vulnerable children and young people
- employment, income support and superannuation services
- funding to community service providers
- social policy and advice to government
- student allowances and loans
- social housing assessments.
This is not work we do alone. We work closely with other government agencies, non-government organisations, advisory and industry groups, and communities and iwi. Together we aim to make a positive and lasting difference in the lives of New Zealanders.
Strategic Intentions 2015-2019
Read about the Ministry’s strategic objectives and how we intend to achieve them over the next four years. We outline our key priorities that will help us deliver our purpose of helping New Zealanders help themselves to be safe, strong and independent.
Strategic Intentions is published in accordance with sections 38 and 40 of the Public Finance Act 1989.