Good Practice Guide for Working with Local Government
The Ministry of Social Development is contributing to community outcomes processes with a practical guide for MSD staff who work with local government. It particularly focuses on MSD/Work and Income’s regional role in working with local government through community outcomes processes which are part of new consultation and planning requirements in the Local Government Act 2002.
The Guide provides:
- information about local government and the community outcomes process
- illustrations from different regions about how MSD has contributed to date
- practical suggestions on how to contribute
- principles and tips for collaborative work
- useful websites, resources and contacts.
Local authorities and other government agencies may also find this Good Practice Guide a useful resource.