Couple Gardening

Household Assistance

Help with living costs

You may qualify for help with housing or living costs such as:

  • essential house repairs
  • rent, board or mortgage payments
  • rent and board arrears
  • rates and rates rebates 
  • overdue power account
  • purchase of household appliances and furniture

Retirement home and other assisted living help

Work and Income offers:

Temporary Additional Support

Temporary Additional Support is a regular payment to help if you’re having trouble meeting your essential living costs given your current income (from your personal earnings, your New Zealand Superannuation, benefit or Veteran’s Pension and/or other assistance).

More information on these and other help is available on Work and Income's page for older people.

Couple Gardening

Related links

Print this page.