Investing in Services for Outcomes
The Ministry of Social Development wants to achieve better outcomes through more effective engagement with community service providers.
Investing in Services for Outcomes (ISO) provides tools and ways of working that support other Ministry initiatives like the Children’s Action Plan, Social Sector Trials, and the cross-government Better Public Services.
Through our Strategic Investment Framework and the Investment Strategy we will:
- increase consistency across the Ministry in decision making around funding
- connect funding decisions with government priorities and areas of greatest community need
- give providers more certainty to enable them to invest in the right areas
Through our Organisational Capability Framework we are supporting providers to:
- develop their capability and capacity
- work collaboratively to build strong relationships and develop joined-up and innovative approaches
- achieve priority outcomes.
Through our work with providers we are:
- streamlining the contracting process to consolidate and reduce the number of contracts providers have with the Ministry
- reviewing monitoring and reporting requirements to ensure only information that is needed and used is collected
- introducing relationship management plans and a single relationship manager for providers to have one point of contact with the Ministry
- increasingly focusing on long-term outcomes-based contracts.