Seniors - what's been going on
17 August 2015- Free seminars on life in retirement villages nationwide
The Commission for Financial Capability is running seminars around New Zealand about life in retirement villages.
The seminars will focus on things to consider before choosing to live in a retirment village and practical tips before you sign up to live in one.
The next seminar is in Tauranga on 3 September 2015. There will also be a seminars in Christchurch, Paraparaumu and Rotorua (to name a few).
Spaces are limited so make sure you register early.
You can find out more about the seminars, other locations and dates at the Commission's website below.
Where to find more Seniors info
- NZ Superannuation and other income support
- Elder Abuse and Neglect – contacts for advice and support
- Connects - Connecting Neighbours and Communities
- Preventing social isolation and loneliness
- SuperGold Card
- Positive Ageing Strategy - read the latest report
- The Business of Ageing - Realising the Economic Potential of Older People in New Zealand
- Enduring Power of Attorney - Protect your future
Organisations that help Seniors
Working for Seniors
The Minister for Senior Citizens is the Honourable Maggie Barry ONZM.
Latest news from the Minister:
- Minister's joint press release on ACC falls prevention Initiatives
- New report shows economic power of seniors
- Minister talks about Elder Abuse in Parliament (video)
- New support for carers launched
- New research and community programmes to combat elder abuse
- Minister opens sensory garden to aid dementia patients
- Value of older workers detailed by survey
- Ageing Workforce survey
- Minister speaks to the Grey Power AGM
- More targeted assistance for SuperGold card holders
The Office for Senior Citizens supports the Minister to actively promote a society where people can age positively, be supported in their communities, and have the same opportunities as everyone.