Seniors - what's been going on
18 September 2015 - SuperSeniors website launched
SuperSeniors is here. Launched today by the Prime Minister John Key and Minister for Senior Citizens Maggie Barry. SuperSeniors provides a mix of information on services, events, news and advice.
Go to http://superseniors.msd.govt.nz/ and let us know what you think!
Where to find more Seniors info
- SuperSeniors website
- NZ Superannuation and other income support
- Elder Abuse and Neglect – contacts for advice and support
- Connects - Connecting Neighbours and Communities
- Preventing social isolation and loneliness
- SuperGold Card
- Positive Ageing Strategy - read the latest report
- The Business of Ageing - Realising the Economic Potential of Older People in New Zealand
- Enduring Power of Attorney - Protect your future
Organisations that help Seniors
Working for Seniors
The Minister for Senior Citizens is the Honourable Maggie Barry ONZM.
Latest news from the Minister:
- Minister's joint press release on ACC falls prevention Initiatives
- New report shows economic power of seniors
- Minister talks about Elder Abuse in Parliament (video)
- New support for carers launched
- New research and community programmes to combat elder abuse
- Minister opens sensory garden to aid dementia patients
- Value of older workers detailed by survey
- Ageing Workforce survey
- Minister speaks to the Grey Power AGM
- More targeted assistance for SuperGold card holders
The Office for Senior Citizens supports the Minister to actively promote a society where people can age positively, be supported in their communities, and have the same opportunities as everyone.