Seniors - what's the latest?
21 May 2015 -Are you interested in health services provision for older people?
AgeWise is holding a seminar in Hamilton on Friday, 12 June 2015. AgeWise is the Waikato District Health Board model for integrated services for older people. AgeWise aims to strengthen the network of people and agencies with an interest in the health and support of older people. The seminar will be of particular interest to staff from community providers and agencies (including voluntary groups), residential care providers.
Key note speakers include Minister Maggie Barry (ONZM) and Prof Peggy Koopman-Boyden from Waikato University.
For registration details including information on speakers and seminar updates visit www.inspiringpeople.co.nz
Where to find more Seniors info
- NZ Superannuation and other income support
- Elder Abuse and Neglect – contacts for advice and support
- SuperGold Card
- SeniorNet - technology learning centres for older people
- Ministry of Health - Health of older people
- Age Concern
- Eldernet - information about services for older people
- INsite - news and views from the aged care sector
- Connecting with your neighbours and community
Working for Seniors
The Minister for Senior Citizens is the Honourable Maggie Barry ONZM.
Latest news from the Minister:
- Value of older workers detailed by survey
- Ageing Workforce survey
- Minister speaks to the Grey Power AGM
- More targeted assistance for SuperGold card holders
The Office for Senior Citizens supports the Minister to actively promote a society where people can age positively, be supported in their communities, and have the same opportunities as everyone.